Wheeling, W.VA (WTRF) -Last night Mayor Glenn Elliott Tweeted out his letter to the West Virginia Department of Transportation regarding the closure of the Wheeling Suspension Bridge last month.
Mayor Elliott says in the letter that he requests the DOT to reconsider its decision to close the Suspension Bridge and “direct its resources towards prompt- but- thorough consideration of design and / or enforcement solutions to allow the bridge to reopen in a safe and responsible manner.”
In the letter, Mayor Elliott gives 6 possible proposed alternatives.
These alternatives include tolling, weigh stations, “soft restraint” bars, enforcement cameras, limitation to cars only, and spacing regulation.
The Wheeling Suspension Bridge was closed on September 24th.
You can read the full letter below.
- Texas bar owner bans customers from wearing masks inside
- College student wanted in 2 Connecticut slayings is captured
- Steubenville Big Red Starting Girls Wrestling Program
- Early Voting Begins in West Virginia
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state