Police arrested Sara Perry Thursday after cameras outside an animal shelter caught her abusing the dog.
Workers say she came in to surrender it.
When they told her the shelter was full, she allegedly asked if they would euthanize the pet.
The facility’s director says Perry became angry when she was told the shelter does not put down animals simply because they are unwanted.
She is then seen on camera yanking the dog and slamming it into her trunk.
A quick-thinking shelter employee took a picture of her license plate… And then called 9-1-1.
Investigators reviewed the video and discovered Perry also took the dog out of the trunk when she arrived at the shelter.
Animal services recovered the animal — which is being treated at a county pet care center.
(WTRF.com made the decision to edit the animal abuse out of the video)
- Gov. Justice sets guidelines to reopen swimming pools, casinos
- Benwood Bruisers Wrestling Club makes an impact
- Ohio to test all staff members in state’s nursing homes
- BOE recognizes Ohio County Schools staff
- Teachers at Sherrard Middle School reunite for drive-by parade