Ahead of the elections, a forum was held at West Virginia Northern Community College Sunday to keep voters informed.
About 18 West Virginia Supreme Court Candidates were slated to speak there.
Each of them was slated five minutes to answer as many of the 11 provided questions as they could.
Questions included things like outlining their strengths and weaknesses and what their role would be as justices on the supreme court.
Close to a few dozen people showed up to watch the forum.
Here’s a complete list of confirmed candidates from the forum:
- Chris Wilkes, Berkeley, Division 1
- Harry C. Bruner Jr, Kanawha, Division 1
- Hiram Lewis IV, Clay, Division 1
- Jeff C. Woods, Kanawha, Division 1
- Joanna Tabit, Kanawha, Division 1
- Robert Carlton, Mingo, Division 1
- Ronald Hatfield Jr, Cabell, Division 1
- Tim Armstead, Kanawha, Division 1
- Brenden D. Long, Putnam, Division 2
- Dennise Renee Smith, Kanawha, Division 2
- Evan Jenkins, Cabell, Division 2
- Jim O’brien, Ohio, Division 2
- Jim Douglas, Kanawha, Division 2
- Jeffrey Kessler, Marshall, Division 2
- Marty Sheehan, Ohio, Division 2
- Robert J. Frank, Greenbrier, Division 2
- William Schwartz, Kanawha, Division 2
- William Stewart Thompson, Boone, Division 2