BELMONT, Ohio (WTRF) – A local boy’s dream of making the National Football League has finally come true.
Union Local High School alumnus, Colton McKivitz was selected as the 153rd pick in round 5 of the NFL Draft on Saturday.
He joins the San Francisco 49ers, who advanced to Super Bowl LIV before falling to the Kansas City Chiefs.
McKivitz caps off a successful five years at West Virginia University, starting 47 of his 50 career games.
In his senior season at WVU, he was honored as the 2019 Big 12 Conference Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year and earned 2019 All-Big 12 Conference First Team honors.
- Quick Hits: Neal Brown on history with P.J. Fleck, player availability for Guaranteed Rate Bowl
- Route 7 back open in both directions after truck strikes bridge
- WVU wrestling’s Hall remains undefeated at Ohio Dual
- Here’s how to get your tickets to see WVU in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl
- These are the postseason matchups for current and future Big 12 football teams