Wheeling, W.Va (WTRF)- When Rachel’s on 16th introduced themselves to East Wheeling one year ago, they made a promise to give back.
Jeramie and Rachel Alvarado created “The Mug Club” where every purchase of one of the Rachel’s on 16th mugs goes towards the Wheeling Hospital Oncology Fund, a program that helps cancer patients by providing necessary items.
On Thursday, the diner’s one year anniversary, a check for $623 was given to the Wheeling Hospital Oncology Fund, a benefit that hits close to home with Rachel being a breast cancer survivor.
Rachel’s will continue to donate the money from the “Mug Club” every year on August 13.
The sales did take a hit this year, due to dine-in services being unavailable so everyone is encouraged to by a mug, or one of each color, to make next year’s donation even better.
- Digital Exclusive: 80-year-old Ohio County resident gets first dose of Covid-19 vaccine
- Digital Exclusive- Ohio County first responders await their second dose of Covid-19 vaccine, with a small window of time remaining
- DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE: Martins Ferry mayor, police chief speak out on Officer Starkey’s reinstatement to police dept. after racist meme posted
- Digital Exclusive- Cameron basketball coach speaks out on the delay of winter sports
- Happy Thanksgiving from WTRF