WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – The Wheeling-Ohio County Health Department continues to see an increase in positive coronavirus cases.
Local health officials reported nine new cases Sunday morning, bringing total confirmed to 144.
According to the website for the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Ohio County is currently monitoring 43 cases.
93 Ohio County residents have fully recovered and two individuals have died from the virus.
The county’s second coronavirus-related death was confirmed Saturday morning. The victim was a 68-year-old female.
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Former Steelers linebacker, retired Marine share stories of adversity with Poland woman who lost limbs
- Charleston, WV: The fastest shrinking small city in the United States