WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Rumors continue to swarm Facebook and Twitter regarding a protest that was set to take place in Downtown Wheeling at noon Tuesday.
However, the clocks turned 12:01 p.m. and there were zero demonstrators along the streets in Wheeling. There have also been zero road closures or incidents.
Out an abundance of precaution, multiple businesses and facilities closed their doors to the public prior to the rumored protest.
This includes the Ohio County Magistrate Court and Wheeling Clinic, among several other businesses. The City-County Building temporarily closed down as well, but will reopen for early voting at 2 p.m.
Although the protest did not take place, Wheeling Police is aware of the rumors and will continue to monitor the situation.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Trump, Biden campaign on same turf in battleground Florida
- Partial clearing Friday afternoon
- City officials say trick-or-treating will look different in the year of COVID-19
- Kansas State is the top team in the Big 12 — and they’ve done it without the dazzle