(WHEELING, W.VA.) Wheeling Hospital, managed by West Virginia University Medicine, was recognized in US News & World Report’s Best Hospitals 2020-2021 as High Performing in COPD and Heart Failure specialties.
Six WVU hospitals were recognized–four member hospitals and two managed hospitals:
- Wheeling Hospital (managed hospital) high performing in COPD and heart failure
- Berkley Medical Center –high performing in COPD
- Camden Clark Medical Center–high performing in COPD and heart failure
- Ruby Memorial–high performing in COPD and heart failure
- Uniontown Hospital (managed hospital) high performing in COPD
- United Hospital Center–high performing in COPD and heart failure
A lot of credit for our recognition can be attributed to the team effort coordinated with physicians, specialists and various programs including the chest pain center, transitional care clinic and heart and vascular center. Our experience team manages patients from the moment they get here until well after discharge. It’s a great continuum of care.Kareen Simon, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Wheeling Hospital
We are thrilled to have more specialties and more hospitals recognized by US News & World Report. These rankings validate the strides we have made in strengthening our system and the care we provide throughout it.Albert L. Wright, Jr., President & CEO, West Virginia University Health System
US News & World Report’s best hospital rankings are designed to help patients make informed choices about their healthcare and have been in place for 31 years.
For the 2020-2021 rankings, US News evaluated more than 4500 facilities nationwide.
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Clear masks for the deaf being crafted in Lafayette
- What’s the difference between the 2 main types of COVID-19 tests?
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks