WAYNESBURG, Pa. (WTRF) – Benjamin Jackson ruined Tim Brown’s debut as the new Cameron head coach as he ran for 261 yards and six touchdowns. West Greene took down the Cameron Dragons 61-20 in the season opener for both schools.
The Pioneers opened the scoring on their first drive when Jackson scored from 11 yards for a 7-0 lead. Jackson ran for a 54 yard score on their second drive of the game and a 13-0 lead.
Cameron would get on the scoreboard when Jessop Broughton hit Isaac Ball for a 67-yard score to cut the lead to 13-6. The Pioneers responded on the first play of their next possession as Jackson raced in from 63 yards for a 19-6 lead. West Greene led 40-6 at the half.
The Cameron Dragons are off until September 6, when they host Hundred. West Greene is back in action this Friday when they host Bentworth.
- Tigers outslug Pirates 17-13 in 11 innings after layoff
- Face time: Browns’ Stefanski visited QB Mayfield in February
- Tigers back in action with trip to Pittsburgh
- Pirates rally past Twins 6-5 to end 7-game losing streak
- While Steelers remain united, Tomlin warily eyes 2020