BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) – The Lady Reds and Lady Riders stepped onto the volleyball court Monday evening for a friendly rivalry match.
However, Bellaire and Martins Ferry High Schools came together off the court for the their annual ‘Volley for a Cure’ fundraiser.
The event benefited 1996 Bellaire High School graduate, Jeremy Chirpas, who is diagnosed with leukemia.
However, relatives of Chirpas say his leukemia is currently in remission.
There was a 50/50 raffle and Chinese auction among other fundraisers, according to school officials.
The JV match kicked off at 5:30 p.m. at the House of Champions with the Varsity match following immediately afterwards.
- San Francisco, Kansas City zoos kick off friendly competition ahead of Super Bowl
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Light showers Friday night
- Wheeling Health Right reporting increased visits from patients with flu, illness
- Mobile MRI truck splits time with Reynolds Memorial, Wetzel County Hospital