BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) – The Lady Reds and Lady Riders stepped onto the volleyball court Monday evening for a friendly rivalry match.
However, Bellaire and Martins Ferry High Schools came together off the court for the their annual ‘Volley for a Cure’ fundraiser.
The event benefited 1996 Bellaire High School graduate, Jeremy Chirpas, who is diagnosed with leukemia.
However, relatives of Chirpas say his leukemia is currently in remission.
There was a 50/50 raffle and Chinese auction among other fundraisers, according to school officials.
The JV match kicked off at 5:30 p.m. at the House of Champions with the Varsity match following immediately afterwards.
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Trump executive order touts Hispanic prosperity
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Man indicted for Wheeling Island murder
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast