MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia will play an exhibition men’s basketball game to benefit the victims and families affected by a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio.
The Mountaineers will host Duquesne in Morgantown on Nov. 1. Proceeds will benefit the Dayton Oregon District Tragedy Fund.
The nonprofit Dayton Foundation is overseeing the fund. The Aug. 4 mass shooting in Dayton’s Oregon District left nine people dead and dozens injured.
The NCAA allows a team to use one of its two possible exhibition games against a Division I opponent for raising funds for a catastrophic event.
- 2 year-old escapes Kansas daycare, nearly hit by car, mom says
- Manoah makes Opening Day appearance
- Florida bill would make restrooms exclusive to males, females
- NYPD cops ordered to patrol in uniform, prepare for mobilization after Trump indictment
- Schumer on indictment: Trump ‘is subject to the same laws as every American’