UPDATE 2/14/2020 – Former Bridgeport Mayor, David Smith, posted his $10,000 bond yesterday. Smith will be back in court on March 2 at 1 PM for a pre-trail conference
BRIDGEPORT, Ohio (WTRF)- The former Bridgeport, Ohio Mayor, David Smith, has officially stepped down from his duties his lawyer stated in court this morning.
Smith was scheduled for an arraignment hearing today in front of Judge John Vavra. He was also ordered to report to jail at 9 a.m. Friday or post a $10,000 cash bond.
Smith was indicted on one count of tampering with records, one count of theft in office, and two counts of conflict of interest. They say Smith allegedly stole money people had paid for their traffic tickets and removed the tickets from the record.
They say Smith also allegedly used a village employee to babysit and to do his banking….while on the clock. It is believed that the losses to the village are greater than $ 20,000.
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Trump executive order touts Hispanic prosperity
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Man indicted for Wheeling Island murder
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast