BELMONT COUNTY, OH (WTRF) — Five days after announcing his retirement as Chairman of the Board for Murray Energy, Robert E. Murray passed away early Sunday morning at 80-years-old, according to a high-level Nexstar Media source within the West Virginia coal industry.
Bob Murray was known throughout the Ohio Valley as a coal miner, mining engineer, company founder, job creator, and philanthropist.
The late coal CEO only recently filed for black lung benefits, saying he was heavily dependent on oxygen.
- VIDEO: Neal Brown recaps “hard win” over Kansas
- VIDEO: Daniel Stratford recaps NCAA Tournament thriller with Tulsa
- WVU men’s soccer secures berth in NCAA quarterfinals for first time since 1981
- Central is Denied Title Run by Ritchie County
- Brown, Mathis explode as WVU defeats Kansas to earn bowl bid