(WTRF)- Colin Kaepernick has released his first statement following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction. The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance. We have the right to fight back! Rest in Power George FloydColin Kaepernic
Protesters began gathering yesterday afternoon near the city’s 3rd Precinct station, in the southern part of the city where 46-year-old George Floyd died on Memorial Day after an officer knelt on his neck until he became unresponsive.
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in New York park
- Big Boy restaurant chain changes mascot
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus in Ohio County: 5 new positive cases
- Second stimulus check: Report shows first payment saved thousands from poverty