(AP) Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris is expected to end her campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, according to a campaign official.
The official requested anonymity to speak about Harris’ plans.
Her decision to exit the race comes after months of trying to recreate the momentum from her January campaign launch, which drew 20,000 people in her home state of California.
Harris was once considered a front-runner in the crowded Democratic field but saw her campaign eclipsed by rivals such as Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg.
She had been heavily focusing on the state of Iowa.
She’ll remain California’s junior senator; her term ends in 2022.
- Linsly Downs Magnolia In OT
- Ohio AG urging Congress to reclassify fentanyl-related substances
- ‘Come here’: Family says they feel unsafe in home after someone hacked their Ring camera, yelled at them
- Colorado officer found drunk in patrol car while on duty keeps job, not charged with DUI
- Baby born at 12:12 on 12-12 during last full moon of the decade