PITTSBURGH (AP) — A man who sexually abused children at a daycare center his mother ran at her Pittsburgh home has been sentenced to several decades in prison.
David Tyus, received a term of 44 to 88 years on Wednesday.
He was convicted in March on numerous child rape and other sex assault charges.
Authorities said Tyus assaulted children attending the Friendships Play House daycare, as well as a 17-year-old girl who was in the house when no small children were present.
His mother pleaded guilty in July 2019 to child endangerment for leaving children alone with her son when he didn’t have required clearances. She was sentenced to probation.
- LIVE: Gov. Justice’s Briefing on Coronavirus
- Zach’s Friday Noon Update
- OSHP reminds everyone about Child Passenger Safety Week
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- New naked ballots rule threatens thousands of Pennsylvania votes