(CNN) – Singer Neil Young says he’s not okay with the Trump campaign using his music.
He’s criticizing the playing of his song’s at the president’s Independence Day celebration at Mount Rushmore.
“Rockin in a Free World” and “Like a Hurricane” are audible in videos from the event.
On Twitter, Young says that’s ‘not okay‘ with him.
He adds that he stands with the Lakota Sioux. The area where Mount Rushmore is carved is sacred to them and records show the Sioux have a historical claim to the land.
Young, who’s Canadian, says he became a U.S. citizen this year just so he could vote against President Trump.
- Biden to unveil plan for administering COVID vaccines Friday
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Ohio County Schools to return to in-person learning 4 days a week
- Lawmakers seek to award officer Eugene Goodman with Congressional Gold Medal for Capitol riots heroism
- Zach’s Finally Friday Morning Update