(CNN) — A New Hampshire man has quite the story to tell!
Check out this monster lake trout that Thomas Knight reeled in last week.
It was so big that it shattered a decades-old state record.
The previous record was 28 pounds set in 1958.
Knight’s fish weighed in nine pounds heavier at 37.65 pounds.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department confirmed the record and said it’s the largest lake trout caught in all of New England.
Knight said it’s very rewarding and “means the world to him.”
Knight had the fish preserved via taxidermy, and is renting it to a friend who’s hanging it in his restaurant for two years.
- Officials: Ohio toddler may have started fire that killed him
- Venomous spiders temporarily shut down Michigan library
- WV House Passes Bill To Restrict Local Government From Banning Plastics
- The importance of journalism and diversity in news organizations: A virtual discussion with 3 broadcast legends
- Ohio AG Demands President Biden To Reinstate Operation Talon