WASHINGTON (AP) – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will deliver an unusual public statement Thursday morning on the status of the House impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
On Wednesday, Pelosi met behind closed doors with her Democratic caucus and asked whether they were ”ready.”
The answer was a resounding yes, according to those in the room. Democrats are charging toward a Christmastime vote on removing the 45th president, a situation Pelosi hoped to avoid but which now seems inevitable.
Three leading legal scholars testified Wednesday to the House Judiciary Committee that Trump’s attempts to have Ukraine investigate Democratic rivals are grounds for impeachment, bolstering the Democrats’ case. A fourth expert called by Republicans warned against rushing the process.
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR reports 15 new COVID-19 related deaths; 969 new positive cases
- Nurses at East Liverpool hospital end 3-day strike, union seeks pact
- Village of Bellaire law enforcement trust fund owed over $23,000
- Agreement between UK company DST and Blue Rock Manufacturing to bring new manufacturing facility, up to 1,000 new jobs to WV