A West Virginia delegate had a good excuse for missing the recent start of the legislative session he was recuperating from surgery after donating a kidney to his sister.
Cabell County Democrat Sean Hornbuckle told The Herald-Dispatch that he planned to return to Charleston this week.
Hornbuckle was told by doctors to stay in bed last week as he recovers from the surgery in which he donated a kidney to his sister, Kara Hornbuckle.
He said his sister was diagnosed with diabetes at an early age and had been on kidney dialysis for more than two years.
Her condition worsened to the point that she required a transplant.
The surgery was performed Dec. 19 at the University of Kentucky.
- Glen Dale watches from home as 4th of July Parade rides on
- Pop-up concert fills bouncy-house void at Dimmeydale’s 82nd Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Protesters crash Trump boat rally in Pittsburgh
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors
- Neil Young ‘not okay’ with Trump playing music at Mount Rushmore event