BECKLEY, W.Va. (AP) — West Virginia State Police officials say authorities are investigating a Beckley doctor accused of sexual misconduct.
The Register-Herald reports that the state police’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force is investigating Dr. Zouhair Kabbara.
State police officials say that Kabbara is aware of the investigation and has obtained an attorney.
A lawsuit filed Thursday claims a female patient was sexually assaulted in June by Kabbara at Raleigh General Hospital in Beckley. Both the hospital and the doctor are named in the suit.
After the suit was filed, a woman answering the phone at Kabbara’s medical office said he was unavailable.
A 15-year-old girl and her father filed suit Monday saying the girl and at least 20 others were sexually harassed by Kabbara at Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital.
Information from: The Register-Herald, http://www.register-herald.com
- Children with autism are not getting diagnosed early enough, study says
- Coronavirus or common cold? How to tell the difference
- ‘This is awesome!’ Super Bowl Experience gives NFL fans real-life taste of the action
- WVDOH Seeking interest in Wheeling’s Aetnaville bridge
- Staley’s patience pays off with 49ers trip to Super Bowl