PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a Florida woman who pulled a small alligator from her yoga pants during a traffic stop and illegally possessed numerous other wild animals has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to four charges.
Florida prosecutors say a Charlotte County sheriff’s deputy stopped a pickup truck in May after it ran a stop sign. The driver, 22-year-old driver Michael Clemons, told the deputy he and his 25-year-old passenger, Ariel Machan-Le Quire, were collecting frogs and snakes under an overpass. He gave the deputy permission to search bags in the truck.
When the deputy found 41 3-stripe turtles in a “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” backpack, he asked if Machan-Le Quire had anything else. She pulled the 1-foot (0.3-meter) gator from her pants.
Officials say the Clemons case is pending.
- Pandemic prompts people to grow their own vegetables
- Coronavirus In WV: DHHR announces 29 new cases of COVID-19 in West Virginia in Thursday evening report
- What is the quarantine doing to relationship? A therapist weighs in
- President Trump signs executive order targeting social media companies, calls it a ‘big day’ for ‘fairness’
- Four Seasons Pool and Moundsville city building re-opening to public June 1