BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) — A Belmont County man entered guilty pleas Tuesday to three counts involving sex with a 13-year-old girl.
41-year-old Derrick Ellington of Bellaire pled guilty to unlawful sexual contact with a minor and two counts of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.
Officials say Ellington allegedly had sex with a young girl, who was a family friend, and sent graphic pictures of himself to her.
Common Pleas Judge John Vavra accepted Ellington’s plea, and set his sentencing for September 9.
Ellington could get a maximum of seven years behind bars.
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- COVID-19 may eventually be no worse than childhood cold, study finds
- Biden to unveil plan for administering COVID vaccines Friday
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Ohio County Schools to return to in-person learning 4 days a week