BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) — A Belmont County man entered guilty pleas Tuesday to three counts involving sex with a 13-year-old girl.
41-year-old Derrick Ellington of Bellaire pled guilty to unlawful sexual contact with a minor and two counts of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.
Officials say Ellington allegedly had sex with a young girl, who was a family friend, and sent graphic pictures of himself to her.
Common Pleas Judge John Vavra accepted Ellington’s plea, and set his sentencing for September 9.
Ellington could get a maximum of seven years behind bars.
- Facebook deletes Trump post for violating ‘harmful COVID misinformation’ policy
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- There hasn’t been a July this dry in recorded history in the Ohio Valley
- WV agriculture commissioner Leonhardt tours Wheeling’s Public Market
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast