HANCOCK COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) – A woman who took her dogs to a rural trail for a walk on Sunday made a horrifying discovery.
She called authorities at 4:30 p.m., reporting she found the body of a man in the woods.
Hancock County Sheriff Ralph Fletcher said the man had an apparent gunshot wound to the head.
He describes him as white, in his late 20s to early 30s, approximately six feet tall, heavily tattooed, wearing running pants, a zipped sweatshirt and Jordan shoes.
Investigators found a key fob at the site which belongs to a Range Rover.
They put out word to the law enforcement community, and the following morning they heard from Columbiana County authorities, who found a Range Rover completely burned outside of Wellsville.
We have a lot of pieces of information that appear to be related, but the main piece we need is the man’s identity.Sheriff Ralph Fletcher, Hancock County
Anyone with information is urged to call (304) 564-4100
- Wheeling Wine Festival Coming This Summer
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- No evidence Capitol rioters belong to antifa movement, FBI chief Wray testifies
- With rising stakes, No. 6 Mountaineers finally get shot at No. 3 Baylor
- ODH signs orders allowing 25% indoor capacity, 30% outdoor capacity at sports, entertainment venues