ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) — North Wheeling Community Youth Center parked a bus outside the Walmart in St. Clairsville, collecting school supplies and other donations for their annual Stuff-the-Bus program.
Items gathered from the Stuff-the-Bus will then be given out to students next week for the Center’s Adopt-A-Student program.
“It means a great deal,” said Pastor Darrell Cummings of Bethlehem Apostolic Temple. “Whether they’re from Belmont County, Ohio County, Steubenville, Weirton, wherever they’re from. There are no residency requirements. We want to help them.”
The Adopt-A-Student program will be held at 407 Main Street in Wheeling on Saturday, August 10 at 10 a.m.
The program has provided more than 13,000 kids with school supplies over the past 30 years.
- LIST: Most dangerous fireworks in the US
- Roe v. Wade ruling injects new urgency into midterms for Democrats
- DICK’s Sporting Goods offering travel reimbursement to employees seeking abortions
- Officer-involved shooting in Guernsey County
- Man filmed attacking Asian American family at California drive-thru charged with hate crime