CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Kevin Michael Rogier, a former Assistant Boy Scout Leader in Charleston, West Virginia, was sentenced to four to 20 years in prison for four counts of soliciting a minor via computer on Thursday, September 12, 2019. Rogier must also register as a sex offender for life.
The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department received a complaint on May 24, 2016, from the Buckskin Council for the Boy Scouts about Rogier. The Sheriff’s Department learned upon investigation that Rogier was using social media site to contact minors to solicit, entice, seduce, lure, try and revive picture and videos of sexually explicit conduct, and send pictures and videos of sexually explicit content.
Rogier admitted to the Sheriff’s Department that he sent sexual photographs and requested sexual photographs from the victims. At least three of the victims were members of Rogier’s Boy Scout Troop.
- Bishop: $1.2M from Diocesan home sale will go to help West Virginia sex abuse victims
- Police: Florida Preacher in custody for raping 2 young girls
- UAW says its 49K members at GM plants will go on strike
- 450 miles of border wall by next year? In Arizona, it starts
- West Virginia girl with Down syndrome gets picture on Times Square billboard