DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (CNN) — A 10-year-old girl was killed when she was thrown from a festival ride in New Jersey.
It happened Saturday at the Deerfield Township Harvest Festival.
Police said the ride is the type that spins passengers in a horizontal circle and is called “extreme.”
The girl has not been identified and the cause and circumstances of her death are still under investigation.
Festival organizers canceled a parade that was scheduled for Sunday.
Rides and festival games will be closed until they are inspected by state officials.
- Over 1,300 residents without power in Marshall County
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Warmer temps brings local residents outdoors
- CSX: Train struck car in Ohio, killing car driver
- PTSD Bill could save lives of W.Va. first responders