NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Niagara Falls man has been charged with felony animal cruelty, accused of cutting the ears off of seven puppies.
Michael Anthony Paonessa was arraigned this week.
According to Niagara Falls Animal Control Officer Dave Bower, Niagara Falls Police received an anonymous tip that he cut the ears off of the puppies, all American bulldogs, for “cosmetic purposes”.
The seven-week-old puppies, two males and five females, are back with their owner.
WARNING: These photos are disturbing.
Bower said the owner hired Paonessa to cut the dogs’ ears for $250.
The owner is not facing any charges at this time.
- Back and forth over mask mandate continues between WV’s governor and attorney general
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- President Trump won 3.1M votes in Ohio, a new state record
- WVa hits new virus records as leaders resist new measures
- Zach’s Tuesday Morning Update