PINK HILL, N.C. (AP) – A North Carolina man won a $200,000 lottery prize while on the way to his last round of chemotherapy.
WTVD-TV reports that Ronnie Foster bought the winning scratch-off ticket before getting treatment for colon cancer.
Foster said he claimed the prize Friday at the lottery headquarters in Raleigh. He said he took home about $140,000 after taxes.
Foster said he plans to use part of his winnings to pay his medical bills.
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 12:00 PM news conference on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Houses explode in Baltimore, killing 1 and trapping 1, fire union says
- White House reached out to South Dakota about adding President Trump to Rushmore
- Newsfeed Now: Unrest in Chicago; Hugging booth goes viral in Texas
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: DHHR confirms 2 new COVID-19 related deaths; 60 new positive cases