The Mid-American Conference has postponed the fall sports season due to COVID-19 concerns. The sports affected include men’s soccer, which impacts WVU as the program is a member of the MAC.
According to an official release, “it’s the intention of the membership to provide competitive opportunities for the student-athletes in these sports during the spring semester of 2021.”
The vote to postpone all of the fall schedule was a unanimous decision by Council of Presidents.
Listen to MAC Commissioner Jon Steinbrecher’s statement at Saturday’s press conference following the announcement:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- CA House Band Of The Week: The John Marshall Monarchs
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- Head coaches Aranda, Brown share mutual respect