VAN WERT, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a man shot and killed by Ohio sheriff’s deputies after threatening to kill people with a stolen semitrailer cab repeatedly said in 911 calls he wouldn’t pull over.
A dozen 911 calls from the two-hour chase Tuesday in western Ohio with 46-year-old Terry Pierce Jr. of Spencerville were released Friday to The Lima News .
Pierce during the calls told police he was going to kill everyone in his way and threatened to hit a school bus. He also said he was tired of life and would force police to shoot him.
Pierce hit a state highway patrol cruiser at an exit ramp after falsely promising to pull over.
Deputies fatally shot Pierce after he drove the wrong way on a highway toward oncoming traffic.
Information from: The Lima News, http://www.limanews.com
- First COVID-19 vaccine tested in the US is poised for final testing
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Higher heat Wednesday afternoon