LOGAN, Ohio (AP) — The Ohio Department of Natural Resources says a 22-year-old hiker died from a fall while in Hocking Hills State Park.
A spokeswoman for the state says Alexander Cristin Colson of Gahanna died last weekend when he fell about 75 feet off a cliff near Old Man’s Cave.
A witness says Colson had his back to the cliff’s edge when he took a step backward and lost his footing.
It’s the second death this summer at a park in the Hocking Hills area. The body of a 55-year-old woman was recovered in June at the Conkles Hollow State Nature Preserve.
The state’s natural resources department says its officers have had four rope-team rescues in the park-area this year.
- A Geocaching “treasure hunt” in Belmont County
- Belmont County Animal Shelter introduces pets at St. Clairsville food truck event
- Ohio’s longest distracted driving corridor is unveiled
- Lawmaker: Trump’s executive order to prevent evictions has ‘no force of law’
- White House releases new report; President used Defense Production Act nearly 80 times to combat pandemic