COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old high school student has been arrested for carrying a loaded gun into school.
Columbus police say Bertone T. Lin was detained Monday after a school resource officer and staff members at South High School became aware that he had a handgun in the building.
The school was placed on a lockdown while Lin was questioned. Police say he provided statements that led to the weapon’s recovery.
Lin was charged with conveying a deadly weapon into a school zone. Police say his case will be referred to the Franklin County prosecutor.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Wheeling resident gives 7NEWS exclusive look at her vacation caught in Hurricane Isaias
- St. Clairsville putting controversial comments on the table
- Can Congress save the live music industry before it’s too late?
- New stimulus check plan would give even more money to families