ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (WTRF) – Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a single-vehicle fatal crash that occurred in Monroe County Friday evening.
The accident reportedly happened around 10:25 p.m. in Salem Township on State Route 78.
A 2016 Ford F-250 driven by Alan Crawford, 41, of Warren was traveling westbound on SR 78 when it veered off the right side of the roadway, striking a ditch and an embankment.
Crawford was pronounced dead at the scene by Monroe County Coroner Investigator, Randy A. Williams.
Authorities say Crawford was not wearing a seat belt.
Alcohol and speed appear to have been a factor in the crash.
- President Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- WV Dept. of Education releases COVID-19 outbreak list
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 993 new cases, 5 additional deaths
- High-speed chase from Pittsburgh ends in Belmont County
- Traffic delays expected in Wheeling starting today for paving and maintenance