ST. LOUIS, Mo. (CNN/WTRF) – A Panera Bread employee is out of a job after “leaking” a not-so-secret trade secret.
The woman posted a clip to Tik-Tok, showing her putting a frozen pack of white cheddar mac and cheese into hot water.
She pulls out the mac and cheese and empties the steaming bag into a bowl before she serves it — a move that is common in many restaurants.
Shortly after the clip went viral, the woman tearfully updated her followers that she’d been fired from her job.
A spokesperson for Panera Bread Company released the following statement to CNN: The company doesn’t comment on personnel matters but assured that the meals are shipped frozen so they can leave out certain preservatives that don’t meet the company’s clean standards.
- Workforce West Virginia rolls out survey; looking to better prepare employers
- Facebook deletes Trump post for violating ‘harmful COVID misinformation’ policy
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- There hasn’t been a July this dry in recorded history in the Ohio Valley
- WV agriculture commissioner Leonhardt tours Wheeling’s Public Market