NEW YORK CITY (AP) — A power outage cast darkness across dozens of blocks in New York City early Friday, as many people in the city were still without electricity in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias.
The utility added that crews have been working around the clock to restore power across the city due to the tropical storm that battered the East Coast earlier this week.
Live video showed few lights across Manhattan, including parts of the Upper East Side, Upper West Side and Harlem, around 5:15 a.m., WABC-TV reported. Some customers said their power was back by 6 a.m.
- River – Shadyside Ready For Rematch
- Riley Moore Running for West Virginia State Treasurer
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- Legacy of a 1946 Triadelphia High School graduate lives on through memorabilia
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown