WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — A section of the Fitzsimmons Dog Park is set to re-open this upcoming weekend.
The city of Wheeling closed the section of the park to large breed dogs to allow the surface to recover.
According the Public Works Director Rusty Jebbia, grass in that section of the park needed time to recover after months of dry weather.
Jebbia says all dog owners can use the section of the park typically used by smaller dogs for the time being until the re-opening.
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 coronavirus-related deaths
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- Ohio couple gets married via live stream after canceling wedding due to coronavirus
- WV DNR offers education on Eastern Box Turtles
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology