BENTONVILLE, Ark. (WTRF/CNN) — September marks National Baby Safety Month and a couple big-box stores are hoping to make a splash.
With almost 4,000 participating stores, Walmart will launch the nation’s largest car seat event September 16-30.
Customers who donate an used car seat to Walmart between those dates will receive a $30 gift card that can be used on their child.
The gift card is valid in-store or online.
All car seats donated to Walmart will be recycled through TerraCycle with no components touching a landfill.
Target is also recycling used car seats and customers will receive a 20-percent discount coupon for a new car seat, stroller or other select infant items.
That promotion runs September 3-13.
- Marshall County FRN, Mountaineer Food Bank partner for box giveaway Thursday
- Coronavirus In WV: Mountain State reports 1,899 positive cases
- Belmont County: National Guard, a new county morgue and antibody testing all coming soon
- DMV releases phone number for appointments in regional offices
- West Virginia to take big revenue fall; where will Wheeling cut funds?