WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – It was a decision that was years in the making, and will effect most college students.
Wheeling University and Belmont College signed an Articulation Agreement Thursday morning.
This agreement means a number of things for current and future students.
First, a faster and affordable transition for two-year students to their next degree platform, cutting out any unnecessary classes. It also provides a smoother transfer.
This partnership also provides options to non-traditional students while making a lasting relationship that will benefit all students.
It will also take a burden off the staff.
For the staff, they don’t have to spend extra time trying to match a dozen different degrees and different universities. For the students, which is the most important part, it’s seamless. It’s more affordable this way and it’s local.Dr. Paul Gasparro – Belmont College President
It’s interesting to see higher education working together to benefit the student, and I think that benefits our community and our nation as a whole.Ginny Favede – Wheeling University President
Wheeling University officials said this will help as they are rebuilding programs.
The agreement will officially begin for the Fall semester of 2020.
- Fans, celebrities react to death of retired NBA legend Kobe Bryant after crash
- WVDOT holding informational about upcoming I-70 closure, detours
- 97,000 gallons of red wine leak into Northern California river
- Cincinnati Zoo cheetahs to have opportunity to run at farm
- Kobe Bryant, 13-year-old daughter on their way to basketball game when helicopter crashed