Monday marks the 40th anniversary of the eruption at Mount St. Helens.
The volcano in the cascade mountains is in Washington state, nearly 100-miles south of Seattle.
Mount St. Helens was recognized as a volcano in 1835.
There have been at least four significant eruptions over the past five centuries.
The blast on May 18th, 1980 killed 57-people and did more than a billion dollars’ worth of damage.
- Emily’s Tuesday a.m. forecast
- Summer-like temperatures this week
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows
- Lightning strikes tree, ran into by motorcyclist in Kanawha County