WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Several motorists traveling along I-70 between the Dallas Pike Exit and Wheeling Tunnel are unaware of a recent speed limit change.
The speed limit posted in the area is now 45 mph and many drivers are getting pulled over for driving above the speed limit.
Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard says his deputies are focusing their attention on Two Mile Hill along I-70.
Just on Thursday, we actually got one at 90 miles an hour that had several suspensions on his record. We’ve got ’em as high as 105 miles per hour. So, a lot of excessive speeds. We’ve been running it pretty hard. We’re going to run a blitz here real soon. That’ll be coming up too. We have several deputies on the road. But every shift has been trying to run the highway.Sheriff Tom Howard, Ohio County
Sheriff Howard also says the 45 mph speed limit will remain in place during the entire three-year duration of the I-70 project.
A recent change in the speed limit in the 2-mile-hill area is now starting to get a lot of drivers into some trouble.
No accidents have been reported, however, since the completion of anti-skid paving about two months ago.
Stay informed on all local traffic news by following our newly-launched Facebook page, Ohio Valley Traffic Report.
- Taylor Swift tweets at President Trump: ‘We’ll vote you out’
- Happening Now: Rally against police brutality held in East Liverpool
- 13 Ohio coronavirus cases now traced back to January
- LIVE UPDATES: NASA launches historic crewed SpaceX mission from Cape Canveral
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting