CHARLESTON, WV – The West Virginia Department of Transportation advises that beginning Monday, Feb. 3, 2020 and continuing for nine months, I-70 West at the Fulton Bridge will be closed. Thru traffic is advised to use the official detour, I-470, to reach points West. The Wheeling Tunnel will still be accessible via US-250 and WV SR-2.
There will be a public meeting to review detour routes and address traffic concerns on Monday, Jan. 27 at the Highlands Event Center, 355 Wharton Circle, Suite 235, Triadelphia, WV from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. This public meeting will be an open house format and interested members of the public are encouraged to drop in at any time to have their questions answered.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at 304-810-3214. For additional information regarding this project, please visit here
Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule.
- Pennsylvania woman drove into oncoming car as test of faith, police say
- Scholarship fund planned for missing Ohio teen found dead
- Woman’s cat accidentally euthanized during routine vet visit
- Patrick Mahomes’ mom, Randi, shares stories of raising the MVP and his siblings
- Column: Titans continually spoil NFL’s idea of fun