CHARLESTON, WV (WTRF) – The West Virginia Department of Transportation advises there will be traffic slowdowns to allow for construction occurring on I-70 Eastbound for fifteen minutes on Thursday, February 20th beginning at 5:30 AM.
The fifteen-minute traffic slowdowns will be in effect for I-70 Westbound beginning on Monday, February 24th at 5:30 AM.
In addition to these traffic slowdowns, the following work is slated to occur:
· Construction will continue in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers are in effect.
· The daytime closure of the Market Street ramp to I-70 Eastbound will continue throughout the week.
· Intermittent daytime lane closures (5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) in the area of the Elm Grove interchange will continue throughout the week.
· There will be daytime closures (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) of the McColloch Street Extension in order to allow for the demolition of the I-70 deck. Alternating traffic patterns will be in effect.
· Intermittent single-lane daytime (Monday thru Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) closures in the area of the Elm Grove interchange will continue throughout the week.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at (304)810-3214. Please note that inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule. For additional information regarding this project, please visit I70Forward.
And check out the 7News LIVE traffic cameras below:
- 2 Mile Hill
- Cabella Drive
- Dallas Pike
- I-70 Elm Grove
- 250 Interchange
- Washington Avenue
- Wheeling Tunnel
- Newsfeed Now: Washington Redskins name-change; Naval ship fire still burns
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: 15 new COVID-19 positive cases in Mountain State
- White House seeks to discredit Fauci in memo leaked to reporters
- Helicopters drop water as ship continues to burn at Naval Base San Diego
- Coronavirus In Belmont County: Belmont County reaches 600 COVID-19 cases