CHARLESTON, WV – Continuing its commitment to transparency, the West Virginia Department of Transportation offers the following weekly update on the I-70 Bridges Projects in Ohio County for the week of December 9, 2019.
Below is a review of the work that has taken place on the project and work scheduled for the coming week:
Week of 12/9/2019
· Construction continued in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers were in effect.
· As of Friday, December 13, there were single lane daytime closures in Section B Westbound at the first bridge east of the tunnel.
o These closures allowed for the continued addition of lights and demolition shielding. This work is expected to continue for two weeks.
US Route 40
· There were single lane closures at the Elm Grove interchange.
These took place Monday thru Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.). This work is expected to continue until January 2020.
· From December 11 through December 13, Westbound (Exits 5A to 2) and Eastbound (Exits 2 to I-70) lanes were closed.
o Westbound lanes were closed 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., and Eastbound lanes were closed 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Look Ahead to Week of 12/16/2019
· Construction will continue in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers are in effect.
· Single lane daytime closures in Section B Westbound at the first bridge east of the tunnel will continue through the week.
US Route 40
· Single lane daytime (Monday thru Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) closures at the Elm Grove interchange will continue until January 2020.
· Westbound and Eastbound closures will continue through the week. Westbound closures run 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., and Eastbound closures run 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at (304)810-3214. Please note that inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule. For additional information regarding this project, please click here