WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Construction along the Fulton Bridge has been temporarily halted due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
There is currently no timetable of when construction will resume.
According to WVDOH District Six Engineer Tony Clark, Swank Construction prime contractor made the call.
All of our projects are weather dependent, so there is, I’ll call it ‘fluff,’ built into the schedule. Of course, this isn’t weather though. Depending on how long this lasts, it could affect the time of the project. That’s yet to be determined.Tony Clark, District Six Engineer – West Virginia Division of Highways
This decision comes days after Gov. Jim Justice recommended state residents avoid large gathering.
Officials say Swank Construction employees were working on the ground in close proximity to one another.
- Taylor Swift tweets at President Trump: ‘We’ll vote you out’
- Happening Now: Rally against police brutality held in East Liverpool
- 13 Ohio coronavirus cases now traced back to January
- LIVE UPDATES: NASA launches historic crewed SpaceX mission from Cape Canveral
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting