WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Construction along the Fulton Bridge has been temporarily halted due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
There is currently no timetable of when construction will resume.
According to WVDOH District Six Engineer Tony Clark, Swank Construction prime contractor made the call.
All of our projects are weather dependent, so there is, I’ll call it ‘fluff,’ built into the schedule. Of course, this isn’t weather though. Depending on how long this lasts, it could affect the time of the project. That’s yet to be determined.Tony Clark, District Six Engineer – West Virginia Division of Highways
This decision comes days after Gov. Jim Justice recommended state residents avoid large gathering.
Officials say Swank Construction employees were working on the ground in close proximity to one another.
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Say Her Name protest held for Breonna Taylor in Morgantown
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- VIDEO: Wright, Brown, Addae discuss loss to Oklahoma State