COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTRF) — Ohio Department of Agriculture welcomed the state’s first hemp plants to their backyard.
About 100 hemp plants traveled from Kentucky to the Buckeye State to be planted Thursday morning.
Governor Mike DeWine signed a bill earlier this week making it legal to farm the hemp plant.
The department says each hemp plant will cost around $3.
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Staying close as a family through technology
- Local mom bringing the community together all while keeping distance for Easter egg hunt
- A new partnership is giving pizzas to those you think deserve it
- DeWine won’t require public wearing of cloth masks in Ohio