WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — Wheeling City officials have announced the reopening of the Fitzsimmons Family Dog Park to full capacity.
The large breed section of the park was closed last week to allow the surface to recover following months of dry weather.
With nice weather expected this weekend, Wheeling Assistant City Manager Bill Lanham is encouraging dog owners to take advantage of the reopening.
“We are pleased to share that both sides of the dog park are now open and fully operational,” said Lanham. “The weekend weather is supposed to be beautiful and we hope residents have the opportunity to spend some time with their canine companions at the dog park.”
The Ohio Valley’s first dog park is divided into two sections: large breeds and small breeds, each with its own water and waste stations, walking trail and benches.
For more information, visit the Fitzsimmons Family Dog Park Facebook page.
- 14-year-old girl reported missing in Jefferson County
- Tucker Carlson writer resigns after racist posts revealed
- Police execute search warrant at home of gun-toting couple
- Police investigating ‘All Lives Matter’ traffic sign
- Nine new COVID-19 cases announced in Ohio County