WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) — Wheeling City officials have announced the reopening of the Fitzsimmons Family Dog Park to full capacity.
The large breed section of the park was closed last week to allow the surface to recover following months of dry weather.
With nice weather expected this weekend, Wheeling Assistant City Manager Bill Lanham is encouraging dog owners to take advantage of the reopening.
“We are pleased to share that both sides of the dog park are now open and fully operational,” said Lanham. “The weekend weather is supposed to be beautiful and we hope residents have the opportunity to spend some time with their canine companions at the dog park.”
The Ohio Valley’s first dog park is divided into two sections: large breeds and small breeds, each with its own water and waste stations, walking trail and benches.
For more information, visit the Fitzsimmons Family Dog Park Facebook page.
- Lady Jets win sectional title
- Lady Tigers fall in double OT in sectional title game
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- Appalachian Outreach finds a new home in South Wheeling
- Ladies League of Marshall County makes every girl look, feel like Cinderella