WHEELING, W.Va. (WTRF) – Representative David McKinley recently voiced his opinion on the impeachment proceedings currently underway at the nation’s capital.
Rep. McKinley says he believes the impeachment is a distraction and doesn’t think Trump will be convicted.
Additionally, he says Congress should be focused on issues, such as immigration, drug pricing and infrastructure.
McKinley characterized the abuse of power articles against the president as personal opinion rather than constitutional authority.
This is really all about pure, raw politics in Washington to get rid of a man that they don’t agree with. As a result, all the rest of the country is waiting for legislation to get done. We can’t get it done because of the impeachment.Rep. David McKinley, (R)-WV
Rep. McKinley voted against the articles of impeachment, along with all other Republicans in the House.
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- September is national suicide prevention month; Do you know the warning signs?
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it
- ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg changed our country and the world’
- Wellsburg Bridge halfway done; expected to be comple by 2022