COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Gov. Mike DeWine orders nearly 60% of Ohioans to wear a mask in public the day after a statewide address pushing the importance of personal responsibility in combating the coronavirus.
The state reported 1,290 daily cases Thursday, with 28 deaths and 115 virus-related hospitalizations.
DeWine says the state “is sliding down a very dangerous path” as the majority of the infections in each of the counties listed as red on the state’s color-coded alert system happened outside of congregate settings and some of it from travel to states like Florida and Arizona.
- Pennsylvania man accused of stalking woman with tracking device
- West Virginia woman convicted in death of 5-year-old grandson
- WATCH: NASA, SpaceX launch 4 astronauts to space station on recycled rocket, capsule
- Ohio man could get prison for dumping garbage on own property for years
- Ohio woman continues fight against Mosquito Lake name change to Donald J. Trump State Park