CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WTRF) – One delegate is still seeking to remove the state tax on social security benefits for all seniors.
Delegate Randy Swartzmiller says he is pleased with efforts made during the past legislative session but there is still work to do.
Thousands of seniors are exempted each year with household income caps.
Therefore, Del. Swartzmiller is introducing a new bill to remove social security caps all together.
If you make $50,000 you’re out. If you make $49,999.99 you’re in. So one penny could be the difference in wether you get in on the exemption or not. So it just wasn’t fairRandy Swartzmiller, West Virginia State Delegate
The legislative session is set for the second week of January.
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving Travel; A Christmas Story comes to Oklahoma
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- YouTube suspends One America News Network channel for violating COVID-19 misinformation policy
- Interactive map: Search COVID cases by zip code
- ‘America is back’: Biden pushes past Trump era with nominees